Sunday 8 January 2017

Dayve Blyth

Dayve Blyth is a musician who records EPs in the same way Dave Grohl did - by playing every instrument in the room. His music is available from Vellison9.co.uk.

Find him on Twitter - @ThePsyentistUK and @Vellison9

1. You make it round to my house. I have every hot beverage in the known world on offer. What do you choose?

Probably good ol' tea, British standard (milk & two), unless it's after 8pm, then I'd go a Lumumba (rum/brandy with chocolate milk, hot or cold, hot in this instance).

2. I’ve been made the Emperor of the world. The first thing I do is ban cricket. How do you feel about this?

I couldn't care less about cricket. I honestly don't see the attraction. Lots of crotch rubbing & Adam Ant style stripes across the nose, ner, I'll pass.

3. You’re offered the perfect job but there’s a big catch – for instance, I’d like to star in a Hollywood film but I’d have to do plenty of underwater shots. What’s the job and what’s the catch?

I'm a guitarist in well off band, but I constantly snap strings when attempting a solo.

4. The person you hate the most is living in an area that’s about to be affected by nuclear fallout. Do you phone to warn them?

Ner, I invest in a telescope & some popcorn & watch their skin peel off.

5. With great power comes great responsibility. Unfortunately you’ve been born with mediocre superpowers. Who are you?

I am Bratman, with the ability to upset children everywhere I go.

6. It’s celebrity party time. On the guest list are Jedward, the Cheeky Girls and the Chuckle brothers. Who do you invite to be your pseudo-sibling?

With that line up? Probably Leatherface, or Jack The Ripper.

7. An invitation comes through from NASA; you’ve got the chance to be the first person on Mars. Would you take a year away from everyone and everything to oblige?

Probably not, I've seen Total Recall, it looks crap up there.

8. There’s no appealing, you have to do a reality TV show. Which one would you do?

X Factor. I wouldn't sing though, I'd go purely to hurl abuse at the panel of so called "judges".

9. You’re given the chance of a perfect Sunday. Bearing in mind cricket is banned, what do you do?

Get up late, get a carvery for lunch, lazy afternoon, simple tea, sandwiches & cake probably, night in front of the TV with something decent on, few lager-beers.

10. In my house it’s Christmas every week. You’re given a book, a film and an album. What are they?

I'm well aware of your love of Christmas from your Twitter account of late. [I was Terry Christmas at the time.]

Anyway, the book, it's 'A Book Of Dreams' by Peter Reich, an awesome, crazy, hazy read, it's also the book Kate Bush based the song 'Cloudbusting' on. I own a 1st edition bought for me by my brother James (the other half of V9, as you know) when I had a real obsession with that song.

The film would have to be 'Ghostbusters', the original one, I've not seen the recent remake. It's deeply ingrained in my childhood, it had me hooked from that 1st scene in the library.

As for the album, it's going to be 'Something To Write Home About' by The Get Up Kids, I've listened to this album on loop for the last few month, it quickly earned its place as one of my favourite albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment